Leonard J. Wos
TECHNICAL TRAINER/COURSE DEVELOPER
Training … Course Design … Communications
Innovative, results-oriented trainer/course developer with 18+ years’ experience in Technical Training for a variety of industries. Proficient in training delivery, curriculum development, formulating courseware and PowerPoint presentations. Combines comprehensive multi-industry experience with a solid record of creative teaching techniques. Excellent organizational and management skills complemented by in-depth technical knowledge. Extensive experience in materials management and production control prior to becoming a trainer. Domestic and Global travel without restrictions 100%.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING SKILLS
- SAP software: Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM), Production Planning (PP), Finance (FI), Control (CO), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Advanced Planning & Optimization (APO)
- SAP Workforce Performance Builder (WPB)
- Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) training software
- 4th Generation Language (4GL) Programming
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) Programming
- Relational DataBase Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- MicroSoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Mercator Skychain – Air cargo management software
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Certified in Production & Inventory Control Management (CPIM) by APICS
BAKER HUGHES (A GE COMPANY), BILLERICA, MA 2018 – PRESENT
TECHNICAL WRITER (CONTRACT)
- Create SAP technical documents including exercises, labs and job aids for the Engineering department.
- Document the Engineering Change Management process including part status.
- BHGE is an international industrial service company and one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies.
ROLLS ROYCE MARINE NORTH AMERICA, WALPOLE, MA 2018
SAP TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Create SAP training documents including PowerPoint demonstrations, exercises, labs and job aids.
- Conduct Instructor Lead Training (ILT) for all employee levels in the four plant locations prior to “Go Live” and provide post-Go-live support.
- RRMNA has a world-leading range of capabilities in the marine market, encompassing vessel design, the integration of complex systems and the supply and support of power and propulsion equipment.
NSK CORPORATION, ANN ARBOR, MI 2016-2017
UPK TRAINING CONSULTANT (CONTRACT)
- Support participant of their Oracle EBS Implementation.
- Revising and updating User Productivity Kit (UPK) recordings of Oracle R12 Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Purchasing (P2P) transactions.
- NSK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of rolling bearings, automotive products, precision machinery and parts, and mechatronics products.
STIHL, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 2016
SAP COURSE DEVELOPER/TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Developed PowerPoint (PPT) and Workforce Performance Builder (WPB) courseware for SAP Sales, Customer Service, and Warehouse Management training.
- Delivered SAP SD and WM training, for both train-the-trainer and end-user audiences.
- Virginia Beach-based STIHL Inc.is the headquarters for U.S. operations. STIHL employs over 2,100 people nationwide, producing a full line of high-quality, handheld outdoor power equipment including blowers, trimmers, brushcutters, and multi-task tools, as well as the number one selling brand of chainsaws worldwide.
RODAN + FIELDS, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 2015 – 2016
SAP COURSE DEVELOPER/TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Developed PowerPoint (PPT) and Workforce Performance Builder (WPB) courseware for SAP Sales & Distribution’s Order To Cash (OTC) training.
- Delivered SAP SD – OTC training, for both train-the-trainer and end-user audiences.
- Created and delivered training on EDI messaging for RFQs, POs, and Contracts.
- Rodan + Fields offers transformational skincare products that are clinically proven to deliver visible results. They have over 200 employees and are a major Direct Sales Marketer.
HARVARD PILGRIM HEALTHCARE, QUINCY, MA 2015
UPK COURSE DEVELOPER (CONTRACT)
- Developed UPK recordings based on Oracle PeopleSoft modules: Sales, Purchasing, General Ledger (G/L), Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), Grants, Labor Distribution, Projects and Customer relationship management (CRM).
- For more than 35 years, Harvard Pilgrim has built a reputation for exceptional clinical quality, preventive care, disease management and member satisfaction and has consistently rated among the top healthcare insurance plans in the country.
UST-GLOBAL, DETROIT, MI 2014
SAP TRAINER/COURSE DEVELOPER (CONTRACT)
- Trained employees on SAP modules including Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Production Planning (PP).
- Created and delivered training on SAP modules: Finance (FI), Control (CO), Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP).
- Trained the Quality Assurance (QA) group on basic Electronic Data Interface (EDI), Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) and extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) software.
- Step IT Up America, a UST Global national program, provides a vital formula to train and employ inner-city minority women. It equips them with the technological skills to launch successful IT careers.
BJS MEMBERSHIP WAREHOUSE RETAIL STORE, WESTBOROUGH, MA 2014
SAP TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Trained employees on SAP basic navigation.
- Trained purchasing and sales team members on SAP Purchasing, Requisitions, and Sales specific SAP transactions in the Purchasing (PUR) and Sales & Distribution (SD) modules including Electronic data Interchange (EDI).
- BJS is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates over 205 Clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida and employs more than 25,000 Team Members.
ASCENSION HEALTH, PASCO, WA 2014
KRONOS TIME & ATTENDANCE TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Trained Kronos Time & Attendance (T&A) software to end users and managers.
- Provided primary System Matter Expert (SME) support for PeopleSoft and Kronos T&A proctored labs.
- Trained hospital personnel on Inventory Hand Held Terminals (HHT).
- Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization.
UNITED AIRLINES, CHICAGO, IL 2013 – 2014
TRAINER – AIRLINE CARGO LOGISTICS (CONTRACT)
- Responsible for systems training of audiences ranging from internal United Trainers, Freight Vendor Trainers, Managers and end-users system wide. This included an international audience at the UA hub in Heathrow, London, England.
- Provided SME post go-live support for hub personnel in London, the Middle East, and the Help Desk in Chicago.
- The implementation of United Cargo 360 (UC360) is a worldwide training initiative to over 7,000 end users. It is a Cargo and Logistics Solution using the Mercator (division of the Emirates Group, Dubai, UAE) solution: SkyChain.
ARAMARK, PHILADELPHIA, PA 2012 – 2013
CONTRACT UPK INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
- Created over 50 User Productivity Kit (UPK) eLearning recordings of Kronos timekeeping transactions.
- Created “sandbox” exercises and solutions as well as a Virtual Classroom training instructor’s guide.
- Member of the WorkForce Management (WFM) team in charge of the Organizational Change Management (OCM) rollout of the timecard initiative.
- Aramark is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, with more than 270,000 employees in 21 countries around the world.
CATERPILLAR, PEORIA, IL 2011 – 2012
CONTRACT SAP TRAINER/INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
- Train the trainers at the manufacturing facilities on the SAP Production Planning (PP), and Advanced Planning & Optimization (APO) modules.
- Created and updated SAP Manufacturing courses using the User Productivity Kit (UPK) course development tool.
- Performed post training measurement resulting in improvements of the training material by 30%.
- Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, WOBURN, MA 2010 – 2011
ELEARNING ANALYST (CONTRACT)
- Created eLearning courses using the Datango (SAP Workforce Performance Builder [WPB] ) course development tool.
- Edited eLearning courses for SAP modules: Materials Management (MM), Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM), Production Planning (PP), Sales and Distribution (SD), Finance and Control (FICO).
- Worked on the project team that was translating eLearning modules into Spanish.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries.
PHILIPS, ANDOVER, MA 2009 – 2010
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/TRAINER (CONTRACT)
- Created and delivered a Train-the-Trainer course for the Philips’ Optimax reporting tool in person and internationally via video conferencing.
- Quickly familiarized myself with the accounting hierarchy and even found and corrected inconsistencies in the reporting database.
- Created SAP system courseware for their Healthcare division’s financial department.
- Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation.
NORKOM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., BOSTON, MA 2008 – 2009
- Trained customers on using Norkom’s financial crime and compliance solutions.
- Delivered training to the internal staff on modules including administration and screen and workflow configuration.
- Developed advanced courseware with the course development team.
- Norkom Technologies is a specialist provider of financial crime and compliance software founded in Dublin in 1998.
MASSMUTUAL INSURANCE, SPRINGFIELD, MA 2008
ELEARNING DEVELOPER (CONTRACT)
- Analyzed, designed, wrote and measured learning solutions.
- Created SAP system end user courseware using OnDemand (UPK) software.
- Developed learning programs for end user instruction, both online and classroom.
- Generated course documentation including job aids, instructor guides and reference material.
PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP., BEDFORD, MA 2005 – 2007
TECHNICAL TRAINER/ SOLUTION CONSULTANT
- Trained database administrators in Relational DataBase Management Systems (RDBMS) administration and performance tuning.
- Conducted training for customers in character and Graphic User Interface (GUI) programming.
- Averaged 75% of my time traveling throughout North America conducting classes and consulting.
- Utilized artistic and professional cartooning skills to illustrate difficult and technical concepts for classes, increasing student understanding of the courseware.
- Progress Software is global software company whose products and technology are used at over 60,000 organizations in 140 countries including 90% of the Fortune 500.
KRONOS INC., CHELMSFORD, MA 2004 – 2005
TECHNICAL TRAINER 3
- Trained managers, supervisors, and leads in Time & Attendance maintenance, emphasizing how to enter, adjust and modify timecard records.
- Trained technical administrators how to use auxiliary software to convert data from source databases to the Kronos SQL database via CONNECT.
- Trained database administrators in Kronos database administration.
AXIS COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC., MARLBOROUGH, MA 2002 – 2003
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE/TRAINER
- Helpdesk assistance: answered software and database questions and resolved operational data-related, and programming issues.
- Updated existing training manuals as well as assisted in creating and editing the documentation for updates and new software releases.
- Created and delivered training presentations for the AX-US Annual User Group Conference.
PROGRESS SOFTWARE CORP., BEDFORD, MA 2000 – 2002
- Technical Trainer specializing in RDBMS Administration, Character and GUI programming courseware.
- Consistently achieved above average evaluation ratings for course delivery.
- Traveled 200% more than the required travel time to help maximize Progress’ Q3 educational earnings.
EPICOR SOFTWARE CORP., Burlington, MA 1996 – 2000
ERP TRAINING INSTRUCTOR
- Taught manufacturing software courses which include: Inventory Management (IM), Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP), Purchasing, Accounting, Production Activity Control, Field Service.
- Leader in utilization percentage of billable time for the East Coast Faculty of Epicor Software. Instrumental in the department meeting or exceeding its revenue target.
- Designed courses for modules: Workflow, Field Service, Lot and Serial Tracking
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY
B. S. Business Administration, summa cum laude